This week is Stay Smart Online Week, an Australia-wide initiative to educate Australians on how to best protect themselves online. The theme this year is security on mobile devices – On The Go. Our phones and tablets are becoming a normal part of our lives – we rely on them for so many tasks while we’re out and about. But it seems that almost every day we hear of the risks to our children when they’re online, but what about the benefits to our children of living in a connected world?
To coincide with Stay Smart Online Week, Trend Micro, a leader in internet security, has launched the What’s Your Story competition, aimed at encouraging children to share their positive experiences about using mobile devices and the internet.
Children aged 8-12 can enter by creating a poster, and those aged 13-18 years create a two minute video, with the theme:
What do you enjoy doing On The Go on your mobile device and how do you do it safely? Include any advice you can offer others too.
The competition will run until 13 July and there’s the chance to win iPads or iPad-Minis and more. Entries can be submitted on this site from 16 June. Your kids could even enter as a school or classroom. Make sure you read all the conditions before your children start creating their entries. Once the entries start rolling in the video entries can be viewed here and your child can vote for their favourites.
One of the ways you can keep your children safe when they are using their phones or tablets is with mobile security software. Trend Micro’s Mobile Security software provides advanced protection and privacy for Android and iOS devices by guarding against identity theft and viruses, blocking dangerous websites, protecting their privacy on social media, and more.
To celebrate Stay Safe Online Week and the What’s Your Story competition, Trend Micro would like to give one of my lovely readers Trend Mobile Security software.
To enter, I’d like to hear about the positives to your children of living in an online world – how kids use their mobile devices and the benefits they bring (eg. organising, school, communication). Entries can be from you or from your children (just make sure you include your name in the entry if it's your kids entering)
Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- Submit your entry in a comment at the bottom of this post.
- Add a comment below a Facebook post about this competition letting me know you have entered
- Like Techie Mum on Facebook here – if you don’t already
- This competition is open to Australian Residents only
- The competition is open for one week – from 4 June to 16 June 2014
- All entries have an equal chance of winning – this is a game of chance
- The winner will be announced on Wednesday 18 June 2014 on the Techie Mum blog, Facebook page, and Twitter
- The winner will be contacted via the blog or by email address where one has been provided
- The winner has four days to reply, otherwise the prize will be redrawn.