- You need to have a Google search on your screen in order to change the settings. On the search results screen click on the Options button and select Search Settings.
- On the next screen you can change the settings between Off, Moderate, and Strict. Drag the slider to Strict to stop all sexually explicit results appearing.
- Click on Lock SafeSearch if you think your children might try to change the settings.
- You’ll need to sign in to your Google account to activate SafeSearch Lock.
- Once it's locked if you need to change the settings you'll need to log back into your Google account again.
This video shows you how to set up SafeSearch for images. The only difference is that the SafeSearch setting is displayed on the screen when you are viewing images and video search results, but not when you're just searching the web.